This year is already flying. The fact that it’s the middle of February pretty much shocks me. So at the start of every new year, I have 7 essential things to keep me on track. Once these are in line, I’m mentally prepared to structure the coming weeks and months. Managing a full-time job and a personal business fills the calendar quickly and presents lots of opportunities for things to fall through the cracks. And that’s my biggest work-related fear; so, these are the things that help me fight it:
1. business cards – A fresh batch and pretty holder to make sure they’re always accessible.
2. personalized notepadc/oHardink Calligraphy – My mom is a listmaker and note-writer which, as kids, we used to hate (they usually meant chores). But now I’m a total guilty party. I do that thing where I write something on my list I’ve already done just to cross it off–“officially.” I love this playful yet still professional way of communicating with a note ‘from the desk of.’
3. stationery for any occasion c/oBears Eat Berries – As a rule of thumb, I always keep a large stock of cards on hand. I love sending notes “just because” or finding the perfect one to fit a special occasion. I am partial to letterpress and this designer mixes modern, creative, and cute.
4. binder clips – Because sometimes staples seem too permanent.
5. day plannerc/oPen to Paper – This is the most incredible agenda I’ve ever used. Each day has segments designed for a blogger’s tasks, be that social media, editing, or posting. The design is sleek and efficient with ample writing space.
6. gel pens – Because, let’s face it, writing in middle-school-pink is more fun.
7. wall calendar – When they look as pretty as Rifle Paper Co. makes, these calendars double as wall decor. Otherwise they help E and I keep a more “master calendar” of each other’s commitments.
I would love to know, do you have any essentials that help you stay organized daily?