Okay, last week’s cookie recipe was rather indulgent. So, for for this sweet treat, I’ve pulled back a bit with a special dessert for two. I love the simple approach to baking that won’t leave us reaching for leftovers in hours (or days) to come. And the shocking factor is that a microwave really achieved the cake texture and taste. While we’re going to revamp this with some different fruit options over the spring and summer, our raspberry mug cake was the perfect place to start. See full recipe and details below.
p.s. recipe adapted from here
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c + 1 tbsp flour
- 7-8 raspberries
- In a bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add baking powder and flour and whisk till combined.
- Mix in raspberries and pour into small microwave-safe cups. Only fill the cups halfway as the cake will rise.
- Microwave for 1 minute on high. Cooking time may vary slightly by microwave. Increase by 30 seconds if necessary.
- Dust with powdered sugar, top with additional raspberries, and serve.