Even though we just returned from a weekend away, that doesn’t stop us from having vacation on the brain. So for this upcoming Memorial Day weekend I’ve pulled together a simple, satisfying appetizer of antipasto skewers. I love how they hit the basic food groups and make for colorful eye candy. The no-fuss presentation is also a win when it comes to paper plates and effortless clean-up (a barbecue must). See full details (more like instructions than a recipe) below.
- (2) 7 oz containers fresh mozzarella balls
- (2) 4 oz. packages prosciutto
- ½ lb. genoa salami, sliced thin
- (1) 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers
- (1) 6 oz can of black olives, or use the fresh cured olives from the olive bar at your grocery store
- 1 bag of leaf lettuce, any kind you like
- Lay out all you ingredients on a cutting board.
- Alternate the ingredients onto the skewers on any pattern you like, adding lettuce leaves after every few ingredients.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette or serve with dressing for dipping on the side.