Welcome to one of the cutest desserts that’s ever crossed my blog. I wouldn’t describe too many recipes as ‘fun to make’ but this one fits the category perfectly. A sugar cookie fruit pizza offers the best centerpiece to any summer occasion. It’s eye-catching and follows through with being just as delicious as it looks. Plus, the choice of fruit toppings is all yours–so customize to your heart’s content. See full recipe + details below.
- 16 oz of refrigerated sugar cookie dough (pre-made or you can use your own recipe)
- 8 oz strawberry cream cheese spread
- coconut flakes
- strawberries, blackberries, kiwi, or whatever fruit you want
- fresh mint
- Take your refrigerated cookie dough and roll out a large cookie on a greased baking sheet that is 1/4-1/2″ thick.
- Bake until your cookie edges just start to turn golden brown, about 17 minutes.
- Let the cookie completely cool, and then ice the cookie with the strawberry cream cheese, leaving the last inch of the edge plain so it looks more like a pizza crust.
- Sprinkle your coconut topping on top of the cream cheese. (I actually swapped this step with the next, just for a different visual–but either way works).
- Add your cut fruit to mimic pizza toppings (I used strawberries, blackberries and kiwi), and finish off with some whole or chopped mint leaves.
- Slice and serve.