To say that spring in New England is long awaited this year would be a major understatement. The piles of snow have yet to disappear, but I’m bringing brightness to home and table with this simple floral arrangement. The pineapple vase creates a bold centerpiece and a definite talking point for any occasion. Take a quick trip to the tropics with this easy DIY decor, just in time for Easter.
1 large pineapple
1 dozen spring flowers
1 large kitchen knife
1 large spoon
1. Take the pineapple and slice off the leaves plus one inch of the top.
2. Run a kitchen knife around the inner edges of the pineapple.
For easier removal, draw diagonal lines through the center to loosen the fruit.
3. Hollow the pineapple using a large spoon (and save for citrus fruit salad).
4. Fill the hollowed pineapple with flower food and warm water.
5. Trim the stems of the flowers to desired length.
6. Arrange flowers and greenery inside the pineapple.