E makes fun of me when I mouth the words to an occasional Green Day, Blink-182, or even Velvet Revolver song. I had my own minor rebellion in middle school, making earrings out of guitar picks and rocking studded belts with leather bracelets. Needless to say, those days are long gone. But every once in a while I find myself tending toward an edgier look. I still love taking risks and trying something out that may be considered more avant-garde. So this mohawk braid hairstyle perfectly blends that modern and feminine vibe. Here’s my step-by-step tutorial to achieve the look.
1. Separate a section of hair (about four inches wide) at the top of your forehead.
2. French braid the hair, gradually adding small sections from the left and right side.
3. Secure the braid with a small elastic (clear or one that closely resembles hair color).
4. Collect the rest of the hair, leaving one strand out, and pull back into a ponytail. Secure with elastic.
5. Gently use your fingers to loosen the braid and create more volume on top.
5. Wrap the leftover strand of hair around your ponytail elastic. Secure with bobby pins.