For the donuts:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large egg, beaten
1 1/4 cups buttermilk (or can use whole milk)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the topping:
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a mini muffin pan.
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl.
5. Stir wet ingredients right on into the dry, only mixing until they are just combined.
6. Dump that batter into a plastic bag and snip the end. Fill your muffin holes up only halfway.
7. Bake for 15 minutes and remove. Let them cool a bit.
8. While they are cooling, melt the butter in a microwave safe tupperware container.
9. Put your powdered sugar in a separate tupperware container.
Note: You need lids for both containers. That is if you can find them in the massive lid pileup in your pantry. Is that just me?
10. Okay, so put as many donuts in your butter as you want. I put about 10 in.
11. Place lid on top and shake until the muffins are coated. These babies are pretty sturdy if cooled.
12. Then transfer donuts into your sugar container and shake em’ up good.
13. Remove and devour.