What’s better than a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie? Five GIANT chocolate chip cookies frosted and stacked into one glorious cake. That just about sums up the beauty of this simple recipe. And it really is ginormous. I wasn’t even expecting the size until I saw all layers frosted and stacked. Thanks to Susty Party, I served the monstrous slices on compostable party tableware. Also, the DIY bunting on top was just an added touch for color contrast. This will give your next dessert table a “WOW” factor.
p.s. use code “onebrassfox” for $10 off your order at Susty Party!
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line mini cake pans with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- With a stand mixer on medium, beat 6 tablespoons of butter with the brown and white sugar. The mixture will be a crumb texture, then turn into more of a batter, but won’t get creamy.
- Beat 3 minutes then add the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla. Beat together then reduce speed to low.
- Add half the flour, then the cream, then continue with the rest of the flour.
- Stir in the choclate chips.
- Drop 3/4 cup of batter onto each lined mini cake pan. Using a small offset spatula, spread into an even layer.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, about 18-22 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread equal amounts of of your favorite frosting on top of 4 of the cooled cookies.
- Stack the frosted cookie cakes and place the unfrosted one on top.