2 2/3 cups flour
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
3 tablespoons sprinkles
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cake flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 tablespoon clear vanilla extract
1 tablespoons sprinkles
3 cups powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
for the doughnuts:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease doughnut pans.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix together eggs and sugar on medium speed.
- Add milk, oil and vanilla extracts.
- On low speed, add flour mixture and sprinkles. Mix until just combined.
- Using a pipping bag with a round tip, fill each doughnut cup 2/3 the way full.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the doughnut edges start to turn golden.
- Let doughnuts cool before decorating.
for the crumble:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine sugars, flour, baking powder salt and sprinkles on low speed.
- Stream in canola oil and vanilla and turn the mixer to medium/high speed.
- Let the mixer run until the mixture turns into small clusters (about 2 minutes)
- Spread the mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool for 8 – 10 minutes and then break the baked crumble into smaller pieces.
for the glaze:
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk and vanilla extract. Add powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Add a few drops of food coloring until glaze reaches desired color (I left half of my glaze white).
- Place wax paper under a wire rack.
- Dip the top half of the doughnut into the icing and place on wire rack.
- Immediately add sprinkles and crumble.
- Let doughnuts sit for 5-10 minutes until the glaze is set.