You may have had a McMuffin or coffee shop wake-up wrap in the (recent) past. I’m not saying you’re going to totally regret that decision, but this post might change your mind in the future. A turkey breakfast sandwich is one of the very best ways to start your day (just try it once, you’ll see). This little stack of goodness gets in savory, creamy, crunchy, and healthy all in one. The poached egg part might take practice. Mine were kind of a Pinterest-y fail but they tasted normal. And it’s totally customizable: switch out the cheese for whatever type you prefer or change the thyme garnish to something you love. Full recipe below!
herb goat cheese
1. In a skillet or saucepan, heat 2 to 3 inches of water to boiling; reduce heat so water is simmering. Break a cold egg into a custard cup or small glass bowl.
2. Holding cup close to water’s surface, carefully pour egg into water. Repeat with another egg.
3. Cook uncovered 3 to 5 minutes or until whites and yolks are firm, not runny. Remove eggs with slotted spoon.
4. While the eggs are cooking, toast english muffins until golden brown.
5. On the bottom half of the muffin, spread a thin layer of herb goat cheese. On the top half, place a small pad of butter and allow to melt.
6. Layer sliced turkey on top of the goat cheese and follow with poached egg.
7. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and enjoy!