Well, it’s about time I step back into the world of unhealthy things (considering the last two food posts leaned toward wholesome goodness). But, if it helps, these flourless fudge cookies can be deemed gluten free. And, basically, that’s like diet dessert, right? What I found with this recipe is that cooking time really depends on your oven + pan. One pan of mine cooked in the allotted amount of time whereas the second took almost double. So ensure that a real crackly crust develops on top and that the bottoms aren’s totally mushy before removing from your oven.
See full recipe details below and enjoy!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat
- In a large bowl, whisk together powder sugar, salt, and cocoa powder
- Stir in egg whites and vanilla extract until batter is saturated
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter on the baking sheets, 12 cookies per sheet (or fewer, depending on your preferred size)
- Allow cookie sheets rest for 30 minutes prior to baking
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until tops are glossy and slightly cracked
- Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack