In the words of my sister, this blueberry dump cake can barely be called a recipe. Because, to be honest, there’s zero skill involved but the outcome is amazing. And it’s a family recipe that’s been passed down a few generations on my mom’s side. Growing up, when we would visit my grandmother for a week at a time, we’d make it at least twice. With no regard for nutrition, it was a grandchild’s paradise. So I recently revisited some nostalgia and whipped up a blueberry version. It’s easy to change out the fruit to whatever you prefer (apple, cherry, peach)–but I recommend sticking with the Comstock brand pie fillings.
See full recipe below.
- 1 box Duncan Hines white cake mix
- 1 can Comstock blueberry pie filling
- 8 tbsp butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 350F
- Prepare a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray
- Combine water with pie filling and spread evenly over bottom of the pan
- Distribute cake mix over the top of the pie filling
- Melt butter and drizzle across the pan
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until top is golden brown + fruit juice is bubbling
- Allow to cool and serve (best with vanilla ice cream)