Typically my recipe posts include images of everything from ingredients to step-by-step shots. But, to be honest, this one would’ve been boring to look at. It’s basically a whole lot of ingredients stewing. So what it lacks in pictures it makes up for in ease and deliciousness. This sweet potato chickpea curry is packed full of flavor and has a hearty texture, perfect for winter. Also, the dish is elevated with a simple bed of jasmine rice and side of fresh spinach.
See full recipe details below.
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried spices: cinnamon, turmeric, cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 can (15 oz) light coconut milk
- jasmine rice, for serving
- spinach, for service
- In a large skillet, heat oil and diced onion for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add garlic, chili, ginger, and spices. Allow onions to soak up these spices for a few minutes.
- Add chickpeas, coconut milk, and sweet potato to skillet.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and allow to stew for 30-50 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Serve on a bed of jasmine rice and alongside fresh spinach.