Every year we see Halloween candy pop up earlier and earlier. The grocery store shelves are lined with spooky treats and an overwhelming array of black/orange combos. So I felt a spark of inspiration to roll out these reeses pieces peanut butter cookies. They’re strong on the salty + sweet balance with a rich dough that definitely benefits from mugfuls of cold milk. See full recipe details below.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (about 8 oz) Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, peanut butter and sugars, until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture on low speed. Stir until dough forms. Then stir in Reese’s Pieces by hand.
- Using a cookie dough scoop or your hands, form balls of dough with 1 heaping tablespoon of dough. Gently flatten cookie dough (to form a disk shape) and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 minutes and remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.