So it turns out my love affair with hummus goes right back to the main ingredient. These parmesan rosemary roasted chickpeas are the newest snack obsession in our house. They give a great crunch factor with savory goodness. In general, chickpeas really take on the taste of whatever’s added to them. Using fresh herbs and sharp cheese packs a punch in each bite, for sure. Serve alongside a charcuterie display or just alone for an afternoon pick-me-up. Trust me folks, the snack attack is strong with these ones: I made a half batch for my sister and they were downed in record time.
2 cans of chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
2 tablespoons of chopped rosemary
2 teaspoons of garlic
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400°. Drain and thoroughly rinse your chickpeas and set them on a few layers of paper towels to dry for a few minutes (you can also press down on top of them with a paper towel to speed up the process).
2. Put chickpeas into large mixing bowl.
3. Chop 2 tablespoons of rosemary and and toss the rosemary, chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, parmesan, and salt and pepper together in the mixing bowl until evenly coated.
4. Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet and spread it out into one single layer.
5. Roast the chickpeas for 40-45 minutes and use a spatula once or twice to stir the chickpeas around. Once the chickpeas are done, sprinkle a bit more salt on them and let them cool a bit before eating.