1 1/2 cups (225 g) flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cardamom (optional)
6 tbsp butter, very soft
1/3 cup (40 g) powdered sugar
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
18 oz white chocolate
pink or red oil based coloring
1. Sift together dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. Cream butter, sugar and honey using a mixer. Scrape bowl, add egg and vanilla extract. Cream for about 1 minute.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix on low until flour is just mixed in. Wrap dough in a disc in plastic wrap. Refrigerate
4. Roll dough out to 1/4” thickness and cut using animal cookie cutters.
5. Bake for 6-8 minutes at 375 degrees or until edges are golden, rotate in between.
6. While baking, melt 18 oz of white chocolate in 20 second intervals in the microwave. Stir well in between, add a couple teaspoons of vegetable oil to thin it out. Once melted, divide into 2 bowls. Add pink or red oil based coloring to one of the bowls. Stir well.
7. Once cookies are cool, dip face of each cookie into chocolate, covering edge of cookie slightly. Add your favorite sprinkles right away before the chocolate hardens.