There’s a definite trend from last week’s recipe to this one. Not only are they both healthy dessert options, but I’m really jiving on the textures. More than specific likes or dislikes during this pregnancy, I’ve been gravitating toward textures or temperatures (i.e. my coffee beverages have to be iced). So this decadently smooth chocolate avocado mousse is the perfect indulgence. It’s both rich and sweet without being cloying. See below for full recipe details.
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey, if preferred)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Slice the avocado and remove the pit
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Chill for at least two hours before serving