I adore Valentine’s Day and always have. Regardless of whether I was dating or single, I loved the opportunity to show and receive sweet sentiments. Candy hearts, Disney cards and classroom ‘mailboxes’ dripping with red and pink made the day endlessly cheery. So regardless of the fact that it’s mainly a Hallmark holiday, I look forward to stores overflowing with chocolate hearts and plush bears. I began my love-day prep a little earlier this year with a cute DIY fortune cookie. The striking colors and customized messaging create a thoughtful, unique gift for your sweetheart.
p.s. if you’re looking for more last-minute ideas, pop over to my Valentine’s Day Pinterest board.
One box of Fruit Roll-Ups
Permanent marker (I used a gel pen)
Parchment paper (I used cut-up index cards)
One 2-inch round cookie cutter
1. Write messages with a permanent ink marker on parchment paper.
2. Unroll one Fruit Roll-Up (any flavor you prefer) and cut into four squares.
3. Stack the four squares on top of each other and cut with 2-inch round cookie cutter.
4. Place message in the center of the stacked circles and fold in half, like a taco.
5. Grab the corners and crease in the middle, pinching to form the fortune cookie shape. Pinch the shape together in the middle until it sticks and stays folded.