Hey, who doesn’t need an indulgent kick to start off their week? Well this little puppy bakes in a muffin tin then tastes restaurant quality. A molten chocolate lava cake is certainly one of those things I assumed would be impossible. That gooey goodness can’t just happen on it’s own, right? Wrong! Using a batter with melted chocolate (and butter, ’cause who are we kidding) creates a luscious center to the cakey outside. Drop on a spoonful of your favorite ice cream, drizzle with caramel, and let this recipe be your Tuesday escape.
And don’t forget, code “onebrassfox” gets you $10 off your order from Susty Party.
- 10 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- caramel sauce
- ice cream
- Heat oven to 325° F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat.
- In another large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar at medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and melted chocolate. Mix with a spoon until well blended.
- Divide the batter evenly into 8 muffin tins and bake until the cakes have just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- The cakes will still look a bit moist on top. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes. Serve warm with the caramel sauce and ice cream.