Between travels and snowstorms, I didn’t plan ahead for any Valentine’s Day themed treat this year. But luckily I stumbled across a playful, colorful recipe that turned out to be perfect. These cake batter blondies are the sweet spot between brownies and cake with morsels of chocolatey goodness. In wanting a thicker end result, I used an 8×8 pan and increased the cooking time by 12 minutes. Also, if you’ve got heart-shaped sprinkles lying around those would be a perfect substitute for this holiday. See full details below.
Happy Valentine’s Day! xx
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup oil
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup rainbow jimmies
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your cake mix, egg, oil, and milk. Stir in your sprinkles, chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Press your cookie bar dough into the pan evenly.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until bars are a light golden color.
- Slice and serve.